Thursday, August 18, 2011

Big MLM Tip - A Panda Bear and Network Marketing


Okay, I'm not really talking about a panda bear, but rather the Google Panda update that was released earlier this year. Actually, Panda is a series of ongoing updates to the Google search algorithms. 


In case you are not familiar with them, Google Panda updates are a series of updates to the search algorithms that were started this spring. The intent is to yield more quality results for the end user. 


Some internet marketers are not happy with these changes. People who have been using spinners to submit articles to hundreds of directories have taken the biggest hit. Google realized what was happening here, and has decided to stop crawling most of the second tier article directories. 

Another major change has come in the form of verifying content. Between the software changes and an army of humans looking at sites, Google has begun a crack down on low quality, duplicate and overlapping content. The term "Content is King" was never more true. 

So, what does all of this mean for us Network Marketers out there? The jury is still out, but I have some thoughts to share. 

Honestly, I feel that the results will be minimal in our field. We may see a bit of a bump in rankings when some of the internet marketers lose out on many of their backlinks, but if we are wise, we will not be competing directly with them for the same keywords anyway. 

The biggest affect from these changes will likely be seen in keyword research. Keyword trends are going to be less useful for a while with so much being changed. You will not be able to rely much on the historical data because they were collected under the old rules. 

I know there is a lot of frustration out there when it comes to the Google Panda updates. Especially since it is still an ongoing process, and more major changes could happen at any moment. Try to remember though, like any other business, Google must cater to their customers, those people using their site to find information. These efforts are not intended as a slap against internet marketers, but rather as an attempt to deliver more relevant search results to the consumer. 

Here is a really good article with info straight from Google.
http://www.webpronews.com/google-panda-update-advice-2011-05

And, here is another moer recent article with even more information.
http://searchengineland.com/official-google-panda-update-2-2-is-live-82611

What are your thoughts on Google Panda? Feel free to comment below and let us know.

16 comments:

  1. I wonder if this may make things better or worse in the long run? Think about all the irrelevant content that is sometimes returned on keyword searches.
    I am definitely going to read up on this more. Thanks Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Bill. I started reading about Panda a few months ago when someone I can't recall, posted it in the Syndication Elation group. I have seen some down falls in my tracking methods, but not much. I just learn from them. Thank you for refreshing my memory my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read many articles about the Google Panda project. I believe it is a wonderful change as we move further into social media. I like the changes, see them to be more positive for the online business owner but also for the consumer, customers too.

    What I didn't realize and you brought to light here in your article, the fact the keyword research tool for Google may not really be helpful right now since it is providing older search results.

    Something to know and I will certainly share this with my fans, followers and clients. Thanks Bill for a really informative post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bill,
    Thanks for another educational post! This is my first time hearing about Google Panda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article Bill. I think the update is for the better, since it renews the importance of good content and pushes things towards social media, which in general requires better content. Search engine optimization services are hurting now, but as always they'll adapt and find another shortcut around the update. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these panda updates are making search engine optimization so much harder than it used to be. I guess it's good though since it increases the quality of the internet content, but it also requires so much more effort now to get your page ranked higher. I guess there are pros and cons with everything.. But like you mentioned, it's intended more for the benefit of the customer than for the disadvantage of the internet marketers. It just depends on from what perspective you look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive stuff here. The information and the aspect were just wonderful. I think that your viewpoint is deep, it’s just well thought out and truly incredible to see someone who knows how to put these thoughts so well. Good job!internet marketing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! How To Utilize Youtube To Your Advantage To Gain Exposure

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. "commercial cleaning companies perth"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent .. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also…I’m happy to find so many useful info here in the post, we need work out more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. Looking to sign up for online internet marketing services? make sure to visit marketing1on1.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing. phoenix solar panel installation

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well! Enchanted Florist

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting and amazing how your post is! It Is Useful and helpful for me That I like it very much, and I am looking forward to Hearing from your next.. custom patches

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.. janitorial cleaning companies

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. flood restoration companies near me

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I feel strongly about this and so really like getting to know more on this kind of field. Do you mind updating your blog post with additional insight? It should be really useful for all of us. Inspirational Poems

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you need marketing for your small business. Visit Influx Marketing by clicking the link below and get YOUR business found on Google.