Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday, What Does it Mean to YOU?

Alright, we're taking a little break from the norm here. I want to take a few minutes to talk to you about Monday. Why do people despise Monday so bad? How can a simple day on a calendar be so reviled?

Maybe it has less to do with Monday and a great deal more to do with the choices we have made.

If someone truly loves what they do, would it be such a chore to go start it all over again on Monday morning? Or, if that person had a plan in place, and had an idea of when they would be able to leave that job, perhaps it would make Monday a little easier to tolerate. After all, they would be armed with the knowledge that it's only temporary.

I personally have such a plan in place, and I can assure you that it does help. Mondays are not such a big deal for me anymore. Yes, I still work a day job, as an architect, but I have a plan that will have me retired from architecture within the next 12 months. Knowing this helps me to maintain a positive outlook, regardless of Monday morning, deadlines or difficult clients.

I had not even made it into the building this morning before I spoke to a guy who was complaining about Monday morning. All I could do was shake my head and carry on about my business. Although, I did remind him that the NBA Championship Trophy was currently on its way to town.

Congratulations to the DALLAS MAVERICKS for winning their first NBA championship!!!

But I digress.

Monday is not so bad. If you need help developing a plan of your own so that you do not have to dread Monday, contact me. I will be more than happy to help you put together a  plan that will fit your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you need marketing for your small business. Visit Influx Marketing by clicking the link below and get YOUR business found on Google.