Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Are You Holding You Back?

I want to pose a challenge that nothing is holding you back but you, or rather your belief.

Let me start by sharing a post with you from our mastermind forum where we brainstorm the lessons from "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill. The following was posted by Willena Flewelling.

Chapter 12: The Subconscious Mind

"Thoughts which go out from one's mind, also imbed themselves deeply in one's
subconscious mind, where they serve as a magnet, pattern, or blueprint by which
the subconscious mind is influenced while translating them into their physical
equivalent."

Picture a family tree. At the base of the trunk is ME. My line goes both ways...
The root system is my ancestors, and the branches are my descendants.

At the base of the trunk is THOUGHTS. My thoughts go both ways. The root
system is where they imbed themselves deep in my subconscious mind, and
the branches are the wide reaching effect they have on others as they grow.
And in this case, the fruit they bare is picked by others, thus spread far and
wide in world and the universe.

Deep within my subconscious is the belief that something is still holding me
back. My husband tells me there is nothing holding me back. After studying
the chapter this time, I believe he is right. It is that BELIEF, and nothing else,
that is holding me back. And what's worse, that deeply implanted belief is not
only affecting ME, but it has spread its numbing branches and fruit out into
the universe so that I am not getting new ebook downloads.

The subconscious mind does not sort through what comes its way. It does
not discriminate between the harmful and the good... or the real and the
perceived. And it acts on whatever is mixed with strong emotion, negative
or positive.

It is the job of the conscious mind to choose what it allows to cross the
threshold into the subconscious mind. The choice is up to ME. Through my
conscious mind, I can VOLUNTARILY plant whatever I WANT in my
subconscious mind.

My subconscious mind has been collecting data for 58 years, and far too much
of it is negative. But I CAN CHANGE that! The past is what it is, and is cast in
cement. I cannot change it. But I CAN change the programming in my
subconscious mind so that my life and daily actions can and will change for the
better today and in the future. How awesome is that?!!

It isn't enough to stop being a victim. I cannot yank the negative programming
out of my subconscious mind. I need to be proactive, but in a different way...

All I have to do is plant NEW desires, mix them with FAITH and BELIEF and the
8 POSITIVE EMOTIONS, and feed them through a strong, positive self talk.

Imagination under control may be used for creation of plans or purposes that
lead to success in any area I choose!

Do these things. Be patient... be persistent... And one day you will wake up
and realize the negative programming has NO power over you, and you are
well on your way to seeing your dearest desires manifested in their physical
equivalent.

And THAT, my friends, is totally awesome!!

Willena Flewelling
Alberta Canada


Wow wow wow....

I heard Willena read her lesson on the mastermind call we do on Wednesdays and it really spoke to me. The word picture of the tree is great, but that was not the part that really caught my attention. Read the following line again.

It is that BELIEF, and nothing else, that is holding me back.

 News Flash: NOTHING is holding you back. Seriously.... nothing.

We hear people talk about things that hold them back all the time. They say things like "I just have bad luck" or "'The Man' is keeping me down". These are simply excuses. There is no "Bad Luck". There's no "Man" that has it in for you. The "Evil Rich" didn't take anything from you (and have likely provided you with a job or two along the way). No, the BELIEF in such things is what holds people back. It's much easier to blame some mystical force of "Luck" or some faceless "Man" than to take the initiative and do something to change things.

The bottom line is, if that belief can be overcome, the problems will go away. Don't listen to negative people. Don't fall for the myth that there is such a thing as Bad luck. Nobody wants to keep you down. Nobody seeks to be your oppressor. But, if you believe in such things, that belief is enough to manifest these very results.

Now, get your thinking right. Get rid of the negative thoughts that are holding you back. Come join our mastermind group and hear brilliant insights, like the one I shared here, first hand. Email me to get started.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Bill,

    Transforming limiting beliefs is the first step toward a more successful life.

    thanks for the share

    Akos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we all know that the self is what holds the self back, that it is the belief that something is holding a person back, but she is missing the point. I want to know what false belief is holding me back, not a generalization on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,

      I think you miss the point. Nobody can tell you what personal belief you are holding onto that is holding you back. Only you can determine that. The point of this message was to get people thinking. Lots of people like to blame all their woes on others, when they should take a long look in the mirror.

      So you tell us, what false belief is holding you back?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you need marketing for your small business. Visit Influx Marketing by clicking the link below and get YOUR business found on Google.