Sunday, May 29, 2011

Big MLM Tip of the Day: Where are My Backlinks?

So, you just created a new page on our blog, and over the course of a week or two, you established a couple hundred backlinks. Wonderful, but is Google seeing them? Do you know how to find out? 

First, let's see which of your backlinks are being seen by the search engines. Your Google analytics account has a link that will show you every link pointing back to Your site (I'm not sure that every link will be shown here, but most will). Yahoo site explorer has the same feature. If you are not using these tools you should go check into them right now. 

Now that we know what links are being seen, it is time to go make sure the search engines can find the rest of them. Ping tools are great for this. I have been using them for a few years now and they work quite well for submitting a single URL. But, what if you want to submit multiple URL's utilizing several different keywords? 
This would take forever with most ping tools.  

Pingy can make short work of this task, and it is super easy to use. Simply enter the URL's to ping into the top box, one per line, then enter the keywords to be used one per line in the second box. Ping will then ping each URL with each keyword to multiple different sites. This takes a while to run, as you would imagine, but it frees you up to be working on other things while it runs. 

I use it weekly. I take ever article that was published, video I added, new posts and pages or an other backlinks generated for the week and ping them. This ensures the search engines know about your links.

Note: as of this posting, pingy is not loading. It has been around a while, so I'm sure it's just a glitch.

4 comments:

  1. Very well written article, thank you Bill. I been using some of the tips you have mentioned on your article. But l need to get back to do it regularly, l see how you rank and how l rank you do have a fantastic and effective concept here. You need to let Google and the other search engine know where your backlinks are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips and the new ping tool. I am always looking for new marketing tools to promote my website and my team websites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI again I was just going to tell you that the page is not loading. I see now that you did post that. I will check it later. Have you heard of http://ping.fm? That's another great site. I know of a few more as well. I hope that this one comes back up because I would like to post multiple urls and keywords all at once. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the site is still down for some reason. Hopefully it will be back up soon. It's a great tool.

    @Cyn, yes, I use ping.fm, but this is a bit different type of tool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you need marketing for your small business. Visit Influx Marketing by clicking the link below and get YOUR business found on Google.