Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Big MLM Tip - Appreciate Your Day Job

Many people, when they are first starting out, see their day job as a negative, and even a liability when it comes to talking with prospects. They feel it detracts from their credibility to be still working a day job. Nothing could be farther from the truth. 

I'm here to tell you, be grateful for your job. Without it, how would you keep your bills paid while building your business? Especially with the job market the way it has been for the past few years, if you are fortunate enough to have not been laid off during that time, you should be extra grateful. Many people had to put their dreams of building their businesses on hold to handle the more immediate need of keeping food on their tables. While we all hope to work our way out of a job, we should be grateful for that job in the meantime because it is what gives us the opportunity to build our business.


If you see your job as a liability, you are looking at it all wrong. Your job is an asset to you while building your business. Not only is it what sustains you, but it should also serve as a positive when talking to prospects. Think of it this way, if you wanted to open a retail shop down the road, it would require all of your time and resources. There is no way you could maintain your current job and still do that. In fact, you would be required to leave whatever job and income you are currently owning behind on the hopes that this new venture will pay off. Often times you must have enough savings to support you fro at least a year because you cannot expect to profit from that business for that long. 


With network marketing, you can keep your job, and your income, and maintain what you currently have while building your business. Why upset the apple cart if you do not have to? Therefore, the next time a prospect asks you if you are full time in your business yet, turn it into a positive. Try saying something like, "Thank goodness I do not have to be. That's the best part of this type of business, I can keep living at the same standard I'm used to until my lifestyle is increased by my business". 


I hope this helps some of you. I know that I was in that camp of people who absolutely could not stand the fact that I was still working, but I realized that this was a flawed mindset. I've spoken before abotu where your focus lies. If you are focused on the negative of having to go to that job, then negative will be returned upon you. If you focus on the positive, such as what a blessing it is to have that job, then positive will be what you receive.

2 comments:

  1. First, I agree...Manifesting does not discern...if you think negative you create negative...if you think positive you create positive. I always say, " Be careful what you ask for and how you ask for it..you will get it"...I have always created from Passion...and am very lucky. I always just went after what I knew would work for me..I did not have any investment in the outcome...I just did what was needed in the moment...and one day I looked back and I was There...whatever "There" is for you. I made a decision one day to Sell my business, which was very physical and I was getting tired...I took some refresher courses at night school...kept working my business, started the new business and just kept going...from the time of conception to the final outcome it took about 3 years....old business sold very quickly after I knew it had to go, new business made a profit in the first year and I was looking for write offs...and here I am today...I love my day job...Hang in there...it can absolutley be done...Bill is right. Happy Creating...Always...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent points Bill. Most people don't understand or have really thought through the consequences of either not keeping a day job or the costs and time needed of opening a "Brick and Mortar" business. It is much easier to keep the day job and work part time in an MLM. And the costs are about 1/10.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you need marketing for your small business. Visit Influx Marketing by clicking the link below and get YOUR business found on Google.