Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Big MLM Tip of the Day: Bringing the Fathers Back Home

As a father, this is a topic that is a topic that hits close to home for me. 

I started reading a book recently called "Point Man" by Steve Farrer. In chapter 3 the author goes into detail about how the industrial revolution took the father out of the home. Prior to that time, the majority of fathers worked from home as farmers or ranchers. Others were tradesmen who typically worked out of the front of their shop and lived in the rear. 

After age 7, the boys would start to work with their father and learn his trade. Even on days they had to go for supplies, or to market to sell their goods, or just going fishing, the father and sons went together. The point is, the father was there for his son, every day, building, shaping and molding him.

Once men started working outside the home, his influence on the family, especially the male children, was greatly diminished. 

Farrar makes the point that this shift is largely responsible for the decay of the modern family, and I tend to agree. That is why I take it as my duty to bring as many fathers home as possible. 

You ask why I will help someone who does not join me in my business? It's simple. I want to see men have the chance to be the type of father God intended. 

Of course I want this for women as well. The mother is the key nurturer of a family. When that aspect is removed from the home for 8 hours a day or more, the impact can be significant. 

Our sons and daughters need more of an influence from their parents, and I plan to help with this cause. Who is with me?

2 comments:

  1. OK wow that makes a lot of sense dude.

    www.total-anon.us.tc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100%. I didn't realize that until I was laid-off and saw how much my children needed both parents. I was so career driven that I forgot all about that and was so into taking care of everything myself. It's time to get back to family. We really need to reevaluate ourselves. The man is needed in the house hold. I would be the first to say I don"t need no man. Yes I can handle taking care of my family but No I don't like wearing the pant all the time. Come back home men!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you need marketing for your small business. Visit Influx Marketing by clicking the link below and get YOUR business found on Google.