Monday, May 16, 2011

Big MLM Tip of the Day: My Story Part 3

To round out this trilogy, I'll pick up where I left network marketing back in '95.

I continued to work in manufacturing and production jobs for the next 12 years. I got divorced during this time and spent the better part of a decade as a single adult. I finally went back to school in my late 20's to get an associates degree in computer drafting. 

All this time, I still felt that the network marketing industry sounded good, but I was still plagued with the belief that I was just not cut out for it. So, after entering the professional workplace rather than the labor side, I found the same things were still happening. I got into architecture but found that there was no more security in an office job than there was working as a laborer. After yet another layoff, I decided to turn to the Internet. 

Like most people, I had the misguided idea that it would be easy to make money online. I was approached with some MLM Opportunities early in my online career, but I dismissed them because I still did not believe I could do it. After taking some lumps, and eventually figuring out a few things, I started to notice that many of these affiliate programs worked similarly to network marketing, but with higher attrition rates and often less chance of real success. 

Then, just as I was starting to warm up to the idea of MLM again, I met the person who would go on to be my mentor, Terri Pattio. After speaking with her for a while via the group discussions on imfaceplate.com, she sent me a link to an eBook. It took me a few days to actually read it, mainly because I was skeptical. I had seen similar tactics used and most of the material I had read was all but worthless. But, the day I finished that eBook was a turning point for me. 

I finally learned that it was not my fault. The deck was stacked against me from the start. On top of that, I had been lied to by people who were passing on the same lies they had been told, and they didn't even realize it. This eBook is titled "Success in 10 Steps". Yes, that is a link where you can download it for yourself. 

If only one person downloads, reads and "gets" this eBook, then telling my story here was worth it.

Tomorrow we'll get back to the business of business. Thank you to all who read my story over the past few days and left such wonderful  feedback.

Bill Gelwick
skype: bill.gelwick

1 comment:

  1. Love how you're sharing your story. Keep it uP! It's all about perserverance.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you need marketing for your small business. Visit Influx Marketing by clicking the link below and get YOUR business found on Google.