Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Big MLM Tip of the Day: Sponsoring Mistakes - Closing the Sale

If you have ever worked in sales, you know the importance of closing the sale. You also know that it is the most difficult part of the sale even with a highly qualified and interested customer. 

People new to sales have the most trouble with closing. I sold cars for a short time years ago. My first two sales were going well, but the deal started lagging. At that time, my boss sent in a "closer". This guy was experienced and he closed both the deals. I thought I was doing well, and then the training wheels came off. I had made two sales in my first two days, then did not make another for almost 3 months. 

I tried other sales jobs over the years. I sold vacuum cleaners, milk delivery service and some retail. What I learned was, I am not a salesman. I will write a bit more on this topic soon, but suffice it to say, you do not need to be a salesman to be successful at network marketing. I am living proof of this. 

Want more proof? Download and read "Success in 10 Steps". All the secrets the so called "heavy hitters" of MLM don't want you to know are in here.

4 comments:

  1. Bill,
    I enjoyed the story about your days selling cars. I have been in sales roles for about 15 years and it is amazing how we often get some early closes that we probably stumble into.

    But I disagree that you are not a salesperson. I think everyone is ultimately. We have to get others to hear and consider our ideas, right? It's a basic relationship function I believe. But also, as I have gotten more relaxed in selling and have learned what it truly means, I can see that many hit a place where it is uncomfortable during a sales process. I'm wondering what others think about this.
    ~Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew. Thank you for your comment.

    I feel you may have missed the point though. It's not that we do not sell. Any legitimate network marketing business derives it's earnings from the sale of products. The point is to not focus on sales, focus on building relationships. Build people and they will build your business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bill,

    The difference I have learned in online marketing is that you don't directly ask for a sale, but you build relationships with people to a point that they themselves will decide that they want to do business with you based on your leadership and personal value that you have showed in helping them solving their marketing needs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you need marketing for your small business. Visit Influx Marketing by clicking the link below and get YOUR business found on Google.